February 10, 2014

Happy Valentines, Anniversary and Birthday

Elder Montgomery, Nomar, Elder Banta

78 weeks in Angola                                                                                Feb. 10, 2014
OLA MINHA FAMILIA!!!!!!!!!!! i love you all and wish the most Happy Valentines day to all, the most happy 32ND ANNIVERSARY TO My mother and father and a happy healthy wonderful happy birthday to Grandma Cluff! the big 92!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woohoo! everyone have awesome weeks celebrating your celebrations. 
This week was awesome. Lots of work,  lots of learning and lots of improvement. Elder Garcia continues to help me learn and grow each and every day. He is an amazing missionary!  
Our area is doing good, and we have some awesome baptisms lined up for march. One of them is named Luis, he’s married and has two daughters, and is a champion. He found the missionaries one day when he couldn’t find his toothpaste so he went to buy more and met the elders, went home and found his toothpaste right on the sink. So later he called the missionaries and they taught him once and then since then me and elder Garcia have taught him. He is so so prepared! and he is super excited to be baptized. It’s cool to teach him because even though his wife isn’t totally prepared yet to commit to follow the gospel, he has a desire to share his spiritual experiences with her and for her to have the same experiences. It’s been really cool for the last two weeks teaching him. 
 My favorite part of this week though, was Nomar’s baptism on the 8th, which was also elder Garcia’s birthday!!!. He (Nomar) is a 19 year old kid me and Elder Banta taught in Benfica.  he was awesome prepared from the start and was baptised Saturday. We became great friends from the start, and it was so cool to see him enter the waters of baptism. He is half Angola half Pilipino. 
Well. That was basically all my week, just working hard. We’re in the very middle of the hot season and it’s for sure is hotttt, and dusty. I can’t sleep at night if I don’t shower first because of the dust and dirt that gets stuck in my hair. This area is pretty safe actually, it is basically the same as Cassequel, just alot dirtier. 
  Well counting down on nine weeks now, but I’m doing my best to work as hard as I can to the end. Which will be very easy with Elder Garcia as my companion, he is a great elder. 
Sorry if this letter is really boring! But I love you all and hope the best weeks for all!
com muito amor,
Elder Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment