March 15, 2013

30 Weeks in Angola , ~ Luanda is rockin !!!



NEW MISSION PRESIDENT DANNY L. and SISTER PENNIE MERRILL
                     v        v
A few of us had the opportunity to go to 
The Gila Valley temple today to meet with the 
"New Angola Mission Pres. and Sister Merrill"
oh such an amazing couple, 
our sons will continue to be in great hands !!!
Grateful for this opportunity, we know it is a very unique blessing and 
pray many other parents get to meet them April 7th in Utah.
pic l-r Montgomery's, Tilley's, Merrill's, and Wilhelm's
3-15-13
***********
Colin with food he and Elder C. cooked pork chops, mashed potatoes,beans and    
TOMATOES> (my fav... ya i know mom I lost so many years not liking them.) with vinegar and salt. 
Week 31 in Angola                                                                                         March 10,2013
OLA MINHA FAMILIA!!!!!!!!! Holy Cow so much to write and so little time!!!! ok so ill get started and try to give a good rundown of the week! it all ran good and me and elder Clifford are doing a ton of work! It’s so hott here in Luanda but I’m almost getting used to it. We have started being 100% obedient and trying to live to the missionary schedule as best we could, and we have  been so sososo blessed. we have seven different people with baptismal dates right now. 4 of them are this awesome family that we found last week. super cool. one of our appointments dropped through and so we decided to try knocking doors. we chose the one right behind us to start and found this family who all are so sweet! There are three daughters a brother and a dad. two of the sisters came to church the first week, then this week they all brought friends and one of the friends is super awesome. She’s 24 and has a son and a boyfriend who she doesn’t live with, and they are planning on getting legally married, and she has a baptismal date for april 20th!! then this week were setting the same date with the rest of the family!!!!! It’s so cool. Then we found another guy who was a reference from one of elder Clifford’s last converts, and he’s getting baptized on the 23rd of this month. The member sidonia, is a champ and its with us in all our lessons that are close to her house. I love her she’s a single mom of two girls and lives in this tiny one room apartment, no running water, nothing, but she finds such peace and joy and love in the gospel sand she is literally sharing it with everyone she knows.
 but ya so our area is exploding right now. we literally don’t have enough time to visit everyone we are teaching, and we had 15 investigators in church this week! 7 of whom have baptismal dates. It’s so amazing to see the way that obedience brings blessings, but exact obedience brings miracles!!!!!!!
I am truly loving it here in Luanda. We work study and sweat then sleep and do it all over again. me and elder Clifford have the goal to make our area the example of the mission, and were really going to do it if our area keeps up like it is right now! ugh I can’t explain how awesome it is. I truly am loving it.

so ya that was our week. work work work, and then Friday night we had a really bad day and stuff dropped through, so we came home to plan. the neighbors who live behind us were having a party and they were all drunk, and everyone arguing and then started fighting,.........(ask Tammy for the story)
....., so then elder Clifford just yelled over the top of them (SAI DE AQUI!!!!!) (leave)  and like 20 seconds later everyone was gone. it was crazy haha my heart was pounding .......
....... but luckily they all left. so we were just talking and stuff, and the other elders got home, and someone started ringing our doorbell buzzer thing for like 20 second, so I got dressed because I was in my garments, and went to go down the stairwell to the door, but notices our laundry drying room was lit up with a weird light, and then was like clicked in my head, FIRE!!!!! Holy cow,. My heart was going and me and elder Dredge grabbed a bucket and water bottle and put it out. but now our electric box is burned and we don’t have any power. ya. so crazy. I’ll try to send the video again this morning it dint work. but ya. Any ways, crazy week, but amazing and fn and to put all those words in one sentence, I love it here in Luanda. were working like crazy  ad it s just awesome. love the area the comp and the people. I’m having a blast.

so mom i thought of some thins I need, sorry I’m trying not to sound spoiled I just don’t have a lot of time!!  but crest whitestrips, crest pro health toothpaste, cinnamon if possible,  instax film for the camera i found, ask tor she can explain, and goldbond powder the medicated kind in the green bottle.  and then ,, the shoes, ill try to explain. i want size 9 1-2 if possible.,... i dont care about the color just get something cool ahha but ya that’s all I can think of right now. story I hope if don’t sound ungrateful or spoiled!! 
  I love you and a so grateful for everything EVERYTHING that you and dad do. i love you both! you are the most amazing parents I could have ever hoped for I love you both!! My challenge to you both mom and dad, is to this week KNOW THAT YOU ARE BOTH AMAZING loving kind providing and the best parents. I love you both. I’m so grateful for both of your examples and I don’t know or even like to think about where I’d be without you both. I love you both sosososo much!
 ugh where is my time I’m so sorry I gotta cut this off! I love you both soo much! have awesome week and everyone else too! I love you all pray for you all and can’t wait to hear from you all! loves!!!
Elder Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment