August 12, 2013

NEW COMPANIONS Aug, 8,2013


Cool Street in our area that has some really cool African Trees 

Elder Money in a very tight European shirt some
 investigators gave for him :) and Elder Stewart.

Elder Montgomery and Tingey Aug 8 first week of transfers.
Week 53 with New Companions Rockin the Work              
Ola minha familia!!!!!                        Monday, August 12, 2013 7:38 AM
This week was absolutely amazing. I honestly am so grateful for Elder
Tingey my new companion who has taught me so much and I already love
him. We got transfers last Monday, and so Tuesday the whole day we
spent visiting all our investigators so that Elder Dunkley could say
goodbye to them. It was a really good day and we got to see all the
people we are closest with in the area. Wednesday we woke up and got
ready, and Elder Dunkley got picked up and then Elder Money and Elder
Tingey got dropped off. OUR DISTRICT IS THE BEST! Money, Stewart, and
Tingey. They are all awesome elders. Money loves to have fun and work
hard, and me and him love to talk sports and BYU football and
everything. Stewart who was already here, is a very hard working Elder
and truly has the ability to teach with the spirit and make everyone
feel loved and included. Tingey, is the best. I love Elder Tingey. He
is from Mesa, enough said.
  Wednesday we jumped right into the work and just started doing all our
visits. I have been trying to stress 100% the Book of Mormon this
week. People do not become converted to Christ without reading and
having a testimony of the Book of Mormon!
Let me say it again, People do not become converted to Christ without
reading and having a testimony of the Book of Mormon!  It’s ture, and
I always keep realizing it over and over. That investigator’s do not
progress without reading the Book of Mormon. It is the key to
missionary work. The spirit doesn’t work without it.
 So this whole week was just full of awesome lessons teaching about the
Book of Mormon. And also we had two of our three couples set marriage
and baptismal dates for themselves in November as a part of our push
for people to be married. I probably won’t be here, But I will
definitely be able to see these people be baptized. What a blessing it
is to see families taking steps closer to becoming eternal families!
On Thursday we had a meeting on the other side of town with President,
just  Elder Tingey and me, and then he offered to drive us home and buy
us lunch. IT WAS SO FUN. President is amazing, spiritual, and truly a
man called of God, but at the same time he can be so fun and playful
and loves to joke around.  He’s a small town AZ guy, but the most spiritual 
at the same time. I love him and Sister Merrill so much!
So that was basically my week. Sorry I didn’t have much to write, we
just have been getting settled into our amazing new companionship and
district and working hard. I love change. That’s something I have found
on my mission. I am person who gets into routines, and if I don’t stop
myself and have some change I get stuck in those routines, especially
as a missionary. But it’s really nice to have change and to have a new
comp and district. I know the change will and has already brought a
new spirit of excitement into my area. I’m very excited to see what we
can accomplish this next transfer. I love you all! I feel your prayers
each and every day!
Dad, next week send me BYU and Highlands football schedules, as well
as any preseason predictions for AZ HS football that you can find. I’m
so stoked to start hearing about football every week haha
Anyways, I love you all so much! Have a good week. Know that I love
you and pray for you all everyday!!!
I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!!
Com amor
Elder Colin Jay Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment