September 23, 2013

Slow as a Turtle


Elder Montgomery, Antonio, Elder Merkley

President and Sister Merrill with Elder Montgomery
 "I love them so much"

Sunset at the beach with kids playing soccer at the dump. 


59 Weeks                                                                                                        Sept 23,2013
Slower than a Turtle
Ola Minha Familia!!!!!!
Hope your all doin well and know that I love yall!
This week was veereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ssssssssssssslllllllllllloooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I feel like it’s been a month since I had a pday! Not a bad week, just really slow. 
so not much had changed for me, I’m still here in Benfica, and loving it. Me and Elder Merkley’s area is huge, and we don’t have many people, so we spend a lot of time finding new people, and it’s really hard. I feel like you could compare Benfica perfectly with Queen Creek! Out side the city, lots of nice houses, and a lot more space and growing like crazy. 
 So the news for the week was that we got to have a baptism! Antonio was baptized on Saturday and it was awesome. He is very strong and has a really cool testimony. He was baptized Saturday, but not confirmed because we had district conference Sunday (stake conference) it was in a really really nice conference center in Luanda and the conference was beautiful and very spiritual. It was nice to be able to see some of my old investigators from Cassequal and stuff. I realized I loved them a lot after I left!
 The week was so slow because our area is huge, and we don’t have very many people so we had to do a lot of finding, and neither of us know the area very well so it was long days! but I’m happy here and I know the area will grow and it will be fun. I think too I have some separation anxiety from Cassequal. I love the confusion therr believe it or not. Planes flying 50 feet over our head and thirty million people in the street 24 hours a day. I liked the fast pace, but I’ll get used to things here in Benfica.
We had an awesome district meeting and it was very spiritual, we talked about obedience, and we all needed to hear it. I used that quote that mom always put on the fridge, "when obedience ceases to be an irritant and becomes our quest, in that moment God will endow us with power.”  It’s so true! and especially as missionaries, sorry I never got it in my head mom!
  TO ANSWER QUEStions,,,,,,,
I’ll have pictures next week, but we don’t have an apartment, we have a house, and it’s really really nice, I have a bigger closet than mom and dad’s hah it’s sweet! and me and Elder Merkley have our own bathroom in our room with two sinks hah I’m livin like a king! I still am in the city and we get to see all the missionaries every week at soccer, so I don’t have any separation anxiety from the boys. Elder Merkley is very quiet . We get along fine, I’m trying to give him alot of the responsibility so he can grow, because that’s what helps me grow the most is responsibility. Its way funner living with six elders, the nights and working out is a blast, which I have been doing every day. I’m dedicated! The only thing is the house and dishes get dirty super fast, so that’s not fun. I washed the dished three times in the last three days,,,, it’s pretty much me alone haha service!! Our area has all the main grocery store chains here in Angola too so we get to shop close to home its nice. This is the first nice house I’ve lived in  my mission. It sure takes a lot of stress away!
  But yea, this week was good. Not much news, just the day in day out of missionary life. I’ll send pics of the house next week, and hope you all know I love you and miss you! Have awesome weeks. Much love,
Elder Colin Jay Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment