September 16, 2013

Transfers ....

Elder Montgomery, J, M , , P, Elder Tingey

Elder Montgomery last weeks Safari and 
the beautiful green view of Africa

58 Weeks in Angola  transferred
seven month suprise transfers!                                       6 hours ago Sept 16,2013
Ola minha familia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love you all!
wow, so much news this week, I’ll try to fit it all in. but first,
ELDER  ZACHARY WYATT FIGGINS!!!
PARA BENS A VOCE, 
NESTA DATA QERIDA, 
MUITA FELICIDADE,
MUITOS ANOS DA VIDA!!!!!!
Translation: CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU,
WANTED THIS DATE,
MUCH HAPPINESS,
MANY YEARS OF LIFE!!!
HAPPY BDAY BROTHER! LOVE YOU!
and DAD,,, or should I say, BISHOP MONTGOMERY! wow,
I am super excited to hear about your calling as bishop of the
singles ward, (as if I didn’t know  a few weeks,,, ) but still, para
bens, vais ser um bispo maravilhoso!!!translation: Congratulations,
 you'll be a wonderful bishop
So wow, this week was full of changes. 
First off the week was running normal and me and Elder Tingey were
working hard and preparing M. to be baptised, and then Wednesday
night, I get a very random phone call from President Merrill, and he told
 me that since he was going to Huambo for a phone conference, he was
 doing transfers. So he told me that Thursday morning I would be transferred
a week early to BENFICA (an area still in Luanda the Capital city of
6 mil. people) and be companions with Elder Jacob Merkley! I was very
 very suprised, but excited too. so for five days now I have already been
in a new area and had a new companion, and am district leader in the
Benfica district, with Elder Ferguson and Elder Rigby( arrives Wednesday)
Elder Mariquele, and Elder Wilhelm (the Assistants.) so there was a lot of
 changes this week! i was kind a sad because I didn’t get to say good bye
to any of my investigators or recent converts in Cassequel, but i know
I’ll be able to see them again. 
So I officially have seven months left tomorrow! So crazy. i did five
transfers in Lubango, five in Cassequel, and now I have five left! I’m
sure time will fly by. 
So with my new area, I came into 13 new baptismal dates, some really
 cool youth, some really prepared families waiting for marriage. The
works, me and Elder Merkley are really excited to do work! 
I haven’t really settled in yet, so i can’t really give tons of details on
investigators and lessons because I’ve only met  few of them, but I
 know the area is a good one, and I’m excited to be here. 
Saturday, I had the chance to baptize Marisa! Me and Elder Dunkley
started teaching her, then me and Elder Tingey prepped her for baptism
 and I got to do it, it was only my second one so I was super excited. it’s
 the most amazing feeling to help someone partake of salvation. No other
feeling in the world besides kind of what we feel in the temple.
I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!

One cool experience though was about two weeks ago. Me and
 Elder Tingey were helping M. get ready for her baptismal interview,
and we went over the questions and she just didn’t seem ready. We were
 kinda discouraged and decided to pray to know what Heavenly Father
would have us do, whether to postpone the baptism or go through with it.
So Elder Tingey and I kneeled in our apartment and said a prayer specifically
asking for Heavenly Father to open our minds and tell us what he wanted
us to do. Then we both sat in silence trying to listen to the spirit and read in
 Preach My Gospel, then I started telling Elder Tingey what I thought, and
he said he had received the exact same answer, so we knelt in prayer and
thanked Heavenly Father and then the next day had her interview, and she
 passed just fine, and now is a member of the Lords True Church ! So
amazing and cool to be able to help people towards their salvation and
 to help the Lord hasten his work!

I know this gospel is true, and I love being a missionary. Dad, I’m so
 excited for your new calling and for you to have the opportunity to help
those whom you’re called to lead. There’s no better job than a bishop right?

I love you all and pray constantly for you all! Have a good week, and
know that someone in Africa loves you!
com muito amor,
Elder Colin Montgomery

ps Zach, your an old man!

No comments:

Post a Comment