October 22, 2013

62 Weeks in Angola

Photos' via Elder Petersen :
Pday Elder Rigby , Montgomery, McAllister

Sunset over Luanda (Benfica Area)

HaHa American 


IF I was a sister missionary,    ( the way this Elder thinks is funny- Tammy ) 
                                                                            
If I was a Sister MissionaryJ - wow, cannot believe I’m already done with my mission! It was such an amazing experience and I’m so excited to see you all in a few days!!! Its been a long year and a half in the making!!!
love,SISTER montgomery   
( for those of you that dont know sister missionaries only serve 18 months so if he was a Sister Missionary he'd be coming home , get it - Tammy)
 hope you all get the joke.

ola mina familia!!!!!                                                                                       Oct 21, 2013
  Anyways, I love you all, and I am very sad to say, but i finished my sister mission this week, now it’s time to buck up and be a real missionary. I am very very excited to see what this next sis months has to offer. It will fly by too fast, so  I’m gonna make the best of it, and that started this week!
  Me and Elder Merkley had a really really good week. To show for it, we have no pictures. At least I don’t . Sorry! but that meant we were working our tails off, just like we should! it seems crazy to think about, but I’ve already been here in Benfica for a transfer, and next Monday me an Elder Merk get transfer emails, but I’m pretty sure we’ll stay the same. I’m really excited though. You never know what can happen with transfers.
  This week was amazing. First off we met this 15 year old kid and his sister 13, Silvio and Telma. They live right next door to one of our big hitter families that is just waiting on marriage, so that’s a huge help. We taught them the restoration, and then they both read the book of mormon and both felt like the spirit was telling them t was true. We’re gonna set baptismal dates with them this week, and I have a really good feeling about it all! I’m so excited. Finally after the whole transfer of work work work were hopefully gonna get in the water!
   Then we had another really cool family we found. Their names are Daniel, Mima, and Daniel, father, mother and son. They are really cool and the dad and son already came to church three times. In brazil that is enough to baptize them, haha but here we have to work with people a lot more because the church is so small, we have to make sure people really are established with their own testimonies and everything because they have to swim on their own a little.
  This week was good. I’m in a race to finish the book of mormon in Portuguese before the end of the year, and so that occupies any spare time I have if any at all. That was one of my 2013 goals so I’m trying to finish it. I’m in Alma 5 right now. I got a little ways to go, I got it all timed out so ill get it.
  The rest of our week was good. We had 12 investigators at church yesterday, so that was a really good feeling because lately none is doing anything or showing they want to act, but I think this week will change that.
   This week I bought a study notebook and have been writing down all my thoughts and stuff when I study, and I challenge you all to do the same. We learn a lot more when we record what we learn. It’s the same with the scriptures. The prophets wrote it down because it was important, and one day our lives will be important to others. So make sure you all keep journals and stuff, because you never know when someone down the road will come readin about you. You don’t wanna be like some of the guys in the book of mormon, " my name is john and my dad gave me these plates, and today I gave them to my brother, and thus I end my record. " we all need to keep records of our lives. Any way that was kinda random.
   My testimony this week is on prayer. I have been praying so hard to finally have some people keep their commitments and come to church and do what we ask them, and we were having no success because our prayers were concentrated on asking asking asking. So I did a study in preach my gospel about prayer, and I re-learned that prayer isn’t just a wish last to heavenly father, prayer is a conversation with him and we have to listen at times more than we talk. So I did that. I said a humble short prayer of thanks with my questions and needs in mind, then listened to the spirit, and with in minutes I had some answers and ideas about where to go what to teach and how to help our investigators, and what happened, it all worked. sometimes we just have to remember that Heavenly Father is on the other line listening to us, and after we make our order, we have to wait for him to answer, we can’t just hang up the phone, we have to give our Heavenly Father a chance to talk back to us, and answer our prayers. I know that’s true and I challenge all of you to not hang up the phone this week.
   I love you all, and apologize for no pictures, but am so grateful for our love and prayers. I hope you all have an amazing week, and remember to not hang up the phone!
com muito amor,
Elder Montgomery
ps, mom, no package this week, but hopefully next week!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment