November 12, 2013

Be a Hammer



Elder Montgomery, Antonio (recent convert) , Elder Merkley, Joao  life long member  from the Congo.

Brothers baptized T & J with Elder Montgomery, Benfica.


T & J 's family, their Aunt and Sister will be baptized next week. What a beautiful Family!!  Benfica

Beautiful Peacock

KTM Bike Store that sell Electra Beach Cruisers the store is right 
next door to where Colin lives in Benfica. 
( I wonder where they ride them and who buys them they are expensive here in the States)
65 weeks in Angola                                                                            Nov, 12, 2013
ola minha familia!!!
so this week i can actually write a good letter, we made sure the internet cafe wasn’t gonna close on us randomly. sorry about that last week.
So this week was really cool. We did tons of work, and have been having alot of success. Still pretty stressful, but with a good attitude and lots of prayer and trust in the lord, everything went ok.
So the week started off just normal workweek, and we set another baptismal date with a young kid named D. He is seventeen and has come to church three times, but because his parents are kind a flakes he hasn’t been able to progress really good, so we started sitting with him alone and taught him the law of chastity on Tuesday night e loved it and was so excited to be able to set his standards to be equal to the Lords, not the worlds. The spirit told me to ask him if he was ready to commit to baptism, so i did, and he committed to a date of the 30th of November, so we’re really excited. Even if he doesn’t make his date,( which is like 100% of the time), he still knows that he has the desire to be baptized and follow the lords example. so that was a good way to start out the week. Then that night we took A__. , a recent convert to is J__, a member form the Congo, the one in the picture I sent with me Elder Merk, A__. and him. It was an awesome visit. I shared the scripture in alma I think 19 or 17 about when alma reunites with the sons of Mosiah, and he is so full of joy to see that they were still his brethren in the Lord.. after that J__. the one from the Congo who was without the church until this week, after being a member his whole life, said in french (but we could understand almost perfectly, SO COOL! GIFT OF TONGUES) that he felt the exact same way and he knew it was inspired for me to share that scripture to help the spirit lift him up. So that was a really strong testimony builder for me. I love when I follow the spirit and it is the right thing. It sure is hard for me, I always mix up the spirit with my conscience and then it ends up and if I don’t follow it. So that’s one thing I’ve been working on lately.
 Later in the week we got an awesome reference from elder Mariquele and Hyde this young couple named G__. and L___. , they are really cool and we sat with them once didn’t even get to teach the restoration but they loved it and accepted the invite to church and c,me! VERY RARE! G. is 27 and works as a gardener at the US embassy, and L. is 17,,,, ya haha we laughed at that when we left their house. They’re not even forced to be together by a early baby or anything. O its good, they just really are a normal couple~, both really smart and tons of potential. So we’ll see where that one goes stay tuned!
 So that was basically the cool things that happened this week, me and elder Merkley did SO much work and it felt so good to be exhausted on Sunday night ready for pday.
 I know the lord is in this work. He gives us so many small miracles every single day and according to our faith and prayers, he will give us even more. Elder Merkley and I are gonna do the one hour consecration to the lord to be in the right time at the right place for the lord to show us what we need to do, who we need to meet serve or teach. We’re calling it happy hour! also I’ll let you all know how it goes next week.
 I love this gospel. I know that truly this is the lords work, and we are all just tools in his hands. BUT it’s up to us if we are the hammer,  right by his side on his tool belt, the hammer that he uses every day, or the little tiny alan wrench that never gets taken out of the box. My challenge for the week, BE HAMMERS!
I love you all! Hope your weeks are awesome, and know I love and pray for you all everyday! till next time,
com amor,
elder Montgomery
ps to answer questions!
 dad, yes it is HOTT. not full on summer yet, but getting there. for example, I’m sitting in a shaded cyber cafe right now, with the windows open, and sweat just dripped off my forehead onto the keyboard... that means it’s not full on summer yet!
1 to 10 in white man Portuguese, I have no idea. I’m fluent? but not perfect? I guess you’d say 7 or 8. I have no idea probably not even that good.
Mom, the only thing I know about visas is that the Americans and 5 mocambicanos (Mozambique’s)  SHOULD be here in December.
love ya all!

No comments:

Post a Comment