November 25, 2013

Nov 25 2013 Thankful


Elder Montgomery and Elder Merkley,  Benfica Nov 24, 2013 
67 Weeks in Angola                                                                            Nov 25, 2013
Ola minha familia!
So this weeks letter will be a little different!
First I wanna tell my family how much I love you all! Each and everyone of you are the best part of my life. And DAD HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOO PARABENS A VOCE NESTA DATA QUERIDA MUITAS FLICIDADES MUITOS ANOS DA VIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PARABENS!!! I love and am thankful for You Dad.
So this week was super cool. Nothing special, no amazing quantities of work that got done, but it was just good. 
We did have a awesome fireside that we put on Sunday night about member missionary work, and that was a huge success so it was fun. We’re trying to get our branch to really bump up the missionary work effort. It was fun to work with members because there is always success.  So that was the highlight of the week. It was fun for sure. 
Saturday we were locked in house all day because there was demonstrations in the city against the government so we had to stay in house and do nothing all day. We wrote letters and played soccer, video coming, and slept and studied and ate all that fun stuff.. Other than that I had a very average week. We’re getting geared up for Thanksgiving this week and I’m sure stoked. Today we only have half a p-day then work, because Thursday is a soccer tournament and diner at President and Sisters Merrill’s house I’m so excited. We are the Benfica bate bwe. which means we WIN!
So as this week is a week for giving thanks I wanted to give thanks for a few things. I'm thankful for my family. They continually support and love me and make me better each and every day. You’re everything to me family. I'm thankful for the Savior and his atoning sacrifice for each and every one of us. We would literally be lost without him. I'm thankful for HIM!
I'm thankful for the little things, like a smile, or a good appointment, or the spirit in a contact, or free rides, or energy in our house, or not getting kicked out of the internet cafe early. The little things can make the biggest difference.
I'm thankful for the opportunity to be a missionary. I know this is the Lords work! He is in it and makes changes in the lives of all those who come unto him. ~
I'm thankful for a loving Heavenly Father. As one of our recent converts says '' there is no Father so good like Heavenly Father'' true that! Our Heavenly father is the best father that could ever exist. He is perfect! I'm thankful for the opportunity to try and be like him every day.
I'm thankful for y friends who help me be better everyday. 
I'm thankful for my leaders like President Merrill who is called by god to lead this mission in Angola.
I'm thankful for food and clothes and a comfortable house. I’ve never gone without those things, and I have seen so many people who have., I'm thankful for the life I have and the people I know and the love of our Savior and Heavenly father every day. ~I love being a missionary. I’m thankful for each and every one of you! I love you all!  I'm thankful for Thanksgiving turkey. my favorite foods, pumpkin pie. all that. 
I'm thankful for my mission! I love it an I hope you all are having a wonderful amazing week, and have an awesome Thanksgiving! I love you all! 
I'm thankful for you! 
com muito amor,

Elder Montogmery

No comments:

Post a Comment