May 1, 2012

#2 Email

#2 Email
Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 12:10 PM
OLA minha familia!!!
Mom to answer your questions first:
- Yes I get exercise and gym every day:)
-There is a general authority every week, but not always an apostle.
-My debit card has no picture but it doesn't expire till 2016 so were good there
-My branch is 54 districts J
Yes and no about Portuguese it’s a bit like Spanish but it’s hard to explain because there’s different accent and stuff. it’s like Portugal Portuguese not Brazilian Elder Castleton is a great guy. He loves hiking and rock climbing and is super good at Portuguese ( his mom is Brazilian) Yes he is going to Angola too. We have a super good relationship and get along great. I'm sending pictures on a cd today for you to see.
I have no idea about my visa tho,  They said  as soon as they know I’ll know. but it won’t delay me at all.
Yes I got that package with garments and such. thank you SOOOOO much! I love you
 That is super cool about dad’s grandparents though. I’m glad someone is doing their temple work .
   That’s so cool what Chandler said too. I’ve definitely felt uplifted by advice from others. My branch president said as long as they are supportive and not distracting, it’s ok. And both of those are true, my work doesn't suffer at all and I am all good:)
That's crazy that Kyles call hasn’t come yet!!! I hope it does soon. make sure to have him write or email me!!
I can bear testimony and say all my prayers in Portuguese along with the first vision, and the missionary purpose and baptismal prayer all memorized in Portuguese. The gift of tongues is REAL!! I've felt it help me so much.
Heavenly father understands what we are trying to say and helps us, especially when were praying in port.
I love this gospel so so much. It is amazing to know that even out here; I still know the church is true. That I have MY OWN testimony and don’t rely on others.
 Soooo in other news, I got letter s from all the Jones! and one from Austin Hancock. super cool! and this morning I got an email from Hayden!!! that totally made my day!
So if you all haven’t picked up yet from my letters, my mission theme is I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!, I try to say it as much as possible because it’s so so true. I miss you all with every ounce of my heart, but I love this gospel and love being a missionary. I can’t wait to teach the people of Angola and bring them the blessings of the gospel. I have to go now but I want you all to know I love you!!! Give those grandbabies a kiss from me and tell grahammy I said I can’t wait to NACHO him in 23.5 months! I love you all! thank you for your prayers, I feel them all. I’ll write more in other letters. I love you!
Elder Colin Jay Montgomery
PS the reason I write so short is because I type so slow. I’m so sorry! I will write more I pr0mise! love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment