January 20, 2014

New Area ~New Companion

Short Email...
75 Weeks in Angola                                                                            Jan 20, 2014
OLA MINHA FAMILIA!!!
It seems like this was the absolute longest week of my whole mission! But it was an awesome week full of blessings. I’m super excited for this new area and new experience. 
Elder Garcia got here Wednesday and he is really cool. He pretty much already speaks Portuguese and has a great desire to work, so its been a blast getting to know our new area. It’s pretty hard going into a new area that I have never been too, with a new missionary and not knowing any of the members, any of the current investigators or recent converts or less actives or anything, but the Lords has already given us so many blessings. We were able to in only three days of work in our new area and get a full weeks worth or work done when we looked at the numbers, and have already found a lot of new investigators and set two baptismal dates. That is my main focus right now is baptisms, because this area has suffered so long and only had about 3 baptisms in the last calendar year, so I really want to make it a progress sign area and show the other missionaries that there is work to be done here. So to sum it all up we are working hard and very optimistic! 
Sorry I didn’t send pictures this week my card was having problems. 
Anyway, I know this church is true and that this is the Lords work, I know that because his hand is in it each and every day and I see and receive his blessings. I love you all and hope you have a good week.
com amor
Elder Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment